The credit crunch is here to stay for a while, yet you need to get a new tiled or flat roof.
So, it makes sense to get quotes for your roof and the cheapest option looks good. Money’s tight after all. But is it the best choice and is it too cheap?
Well, sadly, for a lot of people cheap doesn’t turn out to be all it seems. Many roofing companies offer a fantastic, almost unbelievable price and it turns out to be just that – a fantasy price. You need to watch out for hidden costs, check that the price includes everything, labour, materials, parts, repairs, service etc…
At S R Roofers, we have been called in to hundreds of botched roof repairs and new roof construction in order to rectify shoddy work or take over when other roofers have neglected or failed to deliver as promised.
The best price doesn’t always mean the cheapest, so when you’re looking for a new roof, contact us for a quote or an estimate and compare our levels of work and service against others before you make your mind up.
Our experience and skill means we can deliver at the price we say – and on time, giving you a fantastic, brand new roof to be proud of and at the price we quote for.
We can supply loads of customer testimonials, and provide a free roof survey, to give you peace of mind and a detailed written estimate of exactly what needs to be done.
New Flat Roofs By S R Roofers
When you discover that you have a leaking flat roof it does not matter whether it’s on your main roof, garage, porch or an extension. A prompt professional replacement by a qualified flat roofing contractor is essential to avoid further damage to your roof and ultimately expensive interior damage to both your property and possessions.
Unfortunately a lot of roofing companies tend to use cheap felts (shed felt like) hence why felt flat roofs have a bad name. At S R Roofers we only use high quality gold range felts, which are then laid correctly, that’s why we then give long guarantees.
All of our flat roof systems include timber ply-boards (where required) 3 layers of heavy duty ’ruberiod gold range’ high performance roof felts, which are laid in hot bitumen for long life and come with a 20 year written guarantee.
New Tiled Roofs By S R Roofers
All of our new tiled roof installations are carried out as follow:
- Scaffold erected for duration of works, with a skip also present.
- Existing roof covering stripped and cleared to skip.
- Existing rafters de-nailed and cleaned, checking they are sound to take additional weight of new roof load.
- Rafters are then covered with Breathable British Standard reinforced roof felt, carried down into gutters and fixed with felt nails, giving better loft insulation and allowing to keep a clean loft space.
- New sawn softwood 25mm x 38mm treated roofing battens fixed with 65mm galvanised battening nails at an even gauge.
- Supply and lay new ‘Marley’ fully interlocking concrete 375mm x 225mm roof tile which is proven in tests to be 1 of the strongest tile of its type available and carries a 60 year guarantee, secured with aluminium tiling nails.
- Lead step flashing and zinc used at all chimney stacks, flashings and valleys.
- All ridge and hip tiles laid in a strong cement mortar mix adding additives as necessary using half round ridge tiles.
- All work guaranteed for 20 years and carried out to manufacturers recommendations, to the highest level of tradesmanship, with all working areas swept clean as we go.